Help for Course Technology Questions
The ITS Support Center serves as Mason’s central point of contact for computing, network, and phone issues. For help with technical support issues, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Walk-in assistance and phone support hours are also available. Visit the ITS Support Center website for more information.
Blackboard Learn is the web-based Learning Management System (LMS) used at Mason to deliver online and web-enhanced courses. Also referred to as myMason, Blackboard Learn provides a secure login system and a number of integrated course tools for faculty use.
If you are having trouble logging into Blackboard, contact the ITS Support Center at email@example.com.
For resources and support using Blackboard Learn, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Helpful resources include:
- Blackboard Faculty Quick Start Guide
- Blackboard Getting Started Guide
- Course Tools
- Just-in-time Videos
The Learning Asset Technology Integration Support Tool (LATIST) was created to assist faculty and staff in evaluating, selecting, and integrating advanced technologies into their course design and delivery. LATIST includes three components:
- Explore Research. Examine technology advantages, disadvantages, and best practices as well as explore what the research says about learning technologies.
- Select Best Technology. Select varying instructional strategies and learning technologies to utilize based on objectives.
- Apply Technology. Apply specific technology and review what the technology is, how to implement it, real world examples, and hands on practice.