Need Assistance Building Your Online Course?
Save the Date!
Our six-week Online Course Development Institute (OCDI) provides an introduction to theory and best practices in online course development and delivery. The program will be offered in summer 2018 in an online format.
Past participants report the experience was immensely valuable, as they not only learned a great deal about online course development, use of technology, and instructional design, but also about themselves as instructors.
Who is eligible?
- Faculty members with an online undergraduate course they are scheduled to teach within the next year at Mason
- Faculty members developing a module for a hybrid undergraduate course they are scheduled to teach within the next year at Mason
- Librarians who are developing modules to embed in undergraduate academic courses
Applicants should have basic Blackboard skills and expect to spend an average of 10 hours per week completing the OCDI.
What will participants accomplish?
- Design and build one module of their course (equivalent to one week of coursework)
- Experience what it is like to be a student in an online course
- Interact with other participants and share ideas for activities, assignments, and learning and teaching strategies
Summer 2018 Session Dates:
- Wednesday, May 30 – Tuesday, July 10
Registration Application Deadline: Tuesday, May 15, 2018
Click here to fill out the registration application.
Questions? Please contact Susan Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org.