Digital Learning Award
The Digital Learning Award is part of the annual Human Resources (HR) Outstanding Achievement Awards ceremony. Funded by Digital Learning, The Stearns Center for Teaching & Learning award is given to an administrator or staff member whose efforts support quality in online education at Mason. The winner will receive a $500 stipend and a certificate presented by the President at the annual HR awards ceremony.
The deadline for nominations is Monday, October 16, 2017.
- Nominee must be administrative faculty, professional faculty, classified or wage staff who has at least one year of continuous service at George Mason University, and who has demonstrated strong support and commitment for digital learning at George Mason University.
- Nominees should have regular responsibilities supporting digital learning , e.g., serving to champion, improve, and/or enhance online education at Mason, whether at course, departmental, program, college/school and/or university level.
- A Mason employee may only receive this award once every two years.
We encourage you to nominate:
- Administrators & staff members whose leadership and commitment have advanced and supported digital learning at Mason.
- Administrators and staff members who have championed digital learning at the course, department, program, college/school and/or university level at Mason.
- Administrator and staff members who have actively partnered with the Stearns Center (previously the Office of Distance Education and the Office of Digital Learning), to develop and/or support quality online courses and programs at Mason.
This award is open to all Mason administrators and staff.
Please note that instructional faculty are not eligible for this award; please consider nominating instructional faculty for the Teaching Excellence Awards, sponsored by The Stearns Center for Teaching and Learning. Employees of The Stearns Center for Teaching and Learning also are not eligible for this award.
Nominations for The Digital Learning Award will be reviewed by a selection committee. For more information on the Digital Learning Award or any questions, please contact Darlene Smucny at email@example.com.
Click here to download the Nomination Form.
Send completed nomination forms to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business Monday, October 16, 2017.