Digital Learning Award
The Digital Learning Award is part of the annual Human Resources Outstanding Achievement Awards ceremony. Funded by the Office of Digital Learning (formerly Distance Education), the DL Award is given to both a faculty and a staff member whose efforts support quality online course offerings. Winners will receive a $500 stipend and a certificate presented by the President at the annual HR awards ceremony.
- Nominee must be Faculty, Administrative Faculty, or Support Staff at George Mason University with at least one year of continuous service either teaching online or providing support for online courses at George Mason.
- Faculty nominees should actively teach online or hybrid courses. Administrative Faculty or Support Staff nominees should have regular responsibilities supporting online education.
- Nominee displays efforts to promote and improve interactivity in online course(s) between the students, the instructor, and the content.
- Course design reflects best practices with regard to content navigation, progression, chunking, layout, use of multimedia resources, and accessibility.
- Instructions for using required course technology are clear.
- Assessment is relevant, regular, and varied.
- A Mason employee may only receive this award once every two years.
Send completed nomination forms to ODL@gmu.edu by close of business Monday, October 17.